Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crazy patient

I decided to help out a first year student and take her crazy patient off her hands. He was super hard to work on and was only classified as a 1B/II. She was taking a whole appointment for each quad, he was tough. In first year, every clinic session is precious. I did not want her to sacrifice any more clinic session to finish this guy. He tried to cancel on me last minute, but I told him that no one else had time to see him for the rest of the semester if he did not come to his appointment today. So, he came, but was 30 minutes late. This guy has some issues. He acts half his age and loves attention. He keeps his bitten off fingernails between his front two teeth, gross. I am super glad that he came in and got his cleaning finished, he really needed it. I really tried to stress home care to him. He is not a big fan of brushing his teeth. I feel like the appointment went really well. I think he felt pretty comfortable with me. I hope that I made a difference in his knowledge about taking care of his teeth and mouth.

1 comment: